It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm

CSS/CS:GO Chat & News

Admin abuse - Definition and Rules etc

An area to chat in general about css as a game and any goings on related to that game only

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| CSS Server Reps (SR)

Re: Admin abuse - Definition and Rules etc

Unread postby DJRenegade » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Its good that he necroed it anyway, gives people that may have missed this before now a chance to read it.
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23510986
InGame CSS Name: DJ Renegade
Playstation Network Username: DJRenegade10
XBOX Live Gamertag: DJRenegade07

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Unread postby GeneralZod2813 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Sticky it to top of board better way than necroing ^^
GeneralZod2813
Lives Here
Lives Here

Unread postby DJRenegade » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:46 pm

lol it was stickied xD Nothing wrong with Necro posting imo anyway, its better than a new topic for the same subject being made every 6 months or so because somebody doesnt like a post to be Necroed, also better than creating a ne topic to ask a question answered in an older one, better to bump the older post so anyone else that was gonna ask the same thing can see it.

Since this was previously stickied I wouldnt even class it as a Necro post lol. (At least I think that is what the star next to the topic name means)
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23510986
InGame CSS Name: DJ Renegade
Playstation Network Username: DJRenegade10
XBOX Live Gamertag: DJRenegade07

Unread postby shade » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Hey guys, hope my question is in the appropriate area but just on the off chance that what I'm about to ask happens, I'd like to know what if anything as someone with little/ no authority i could do should I witness someone make a false allegation about an admin or fellow inc member/ trialist? Iv heard about situations like that before but I am currently unaware how you would like me to respond to such an incident should it happen with me as the only inc related witness. I realise this could be a silly question but I would like to be aware on how to handle things wherever appropriate as I want to do my bit for the community. :)
shade
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49457466
InGame CSS Name: Shade

Unread postby Giggity » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:43 pm

If a false allegation occurs whilst you're in game or via personal message, just let an SR or MIR (SR first) know what the allegation is so that they can then deal with the situation. This would then be completely out of your hands and you have done the correct thing.

If however this allegation was being spoke about on server or PM and you couldn't get in contact with an SR or MIR, you pretty much have two options. When the next opportunity arises, tell any INC member, preferably SR (but any INC member would try and help out) OR you could just ignore what is being said.

You can try and calm the situation down if you know something to be untrue, at the end of the day as a trialist you are representing INC so in a nice way, we would be hoping you'd do that.

Shit is said in game all the time, most of it is completely made up or exaggerated on what someone has overheard or misheard. Like a massive a game of Chinese Whispers...

If you have any problem with what I've said, I'll be on PM to help if possible.
Giggity
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40266485
InGame CSS Name: Giggityyy or Chet Faker

Unread postby GeneralZod2813 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Any allegation should always be supported with Evidence in my book, no evidence no action. That's my opinion at least.
GeneralZod2813
Lives Here
Lives Here

Unread postby shade » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Ok thanks a lot gig and zod, I will try my best to learn this and keep it in mind, it's good to know that the SR'S are the people I should contact first in such situations and despite my track record suggesting otherwise I wouldn't do anything to potentially damage the inc community in any way. Also I must say I like zods approach as the need of proof would in itself seperate the liars/mis informed from the truthful. Although I would be shocked if someone abused their powers as I feel Iv got to know you guys fairly well and I like you all :)
shade
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49457466
InGame CSS Name: Shade

Unread postby fightingbelfast » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Sry if im in the wrong forum but i have a very abusive person on ITALY at moment and need some help . VARIOUS_VEGGIES ( VJC) IS SWEARING , shouting over people and being very abusive to all players . i dont know how to record this but had to come here first . will go back online and see if i record
fightingbelfast
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Blog: View Blog (1)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7424671

Unread postby Bane » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:07 pm

Sort of is in wrong area but don't worry, to record someone's actions simply;
Go into spectate or carry on playing.
Go into console and type record "name"
When you have a good amount of evidence of bad behaviour or abusive language simply go back into console and type 'stop'.
Then upload to the forums and we shall deal with the situation.
Bane
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45264096
Origin Account Name: Umbrella Bane
InGame CSS Name: Bane

Unread postby fightingbelfast » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi Bane. I was talking to griffy last night and I know i in wrong spot . He did correct me :( . But thanks for letting me know how to record abusive people .
fightingbelfast
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Blog: View Blog (1)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7424671

Previous

Return to CSS/CS:GO Chat & News