It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:36 am

Battlefield Server Discussion / Information

INC to run a BF3 server?

Discuss our BF servers here and find out the info about them

Moderator: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR)

Are you interested in INC running a BF3 server?

Yes - and I'd like to specifically donate £5gbp a month to do so
18%
Yes - but I'd rather just play and see how it goes
29%
Not bothered - I'm intending on buying the game, but not so much about a server
12%
Not interested in buying the game
41%

Total votes : 17

INC to run a BF3 server?

Unread postby Grandma » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:27 am

Ok, I've had word from our hosting provider that there are potentially going to be Battlefield 3 Servers available from them as they are looking to sign contracts to arrange this. They have also given an overview of prices:

We're very happy to announce that KillerCreation is currently going through the contractual process of becoming an Official Provider (RSP) for Battlefield 3 Ranked Game Servers. The process will take approximately one month to which we can then announce our participation and start taking pre-orders.

All things taken into consideration at the present time, we expect our pre-order price to be 80+VAT per slot with discounts offered for longer purchases. Example pricing below:

64 slot Battlefield 3 Game server:

1 month: £51.20+VAT (£61.44 incl VAT)

3 Months 10% discount: £138.2+VAT (£165.88 incl VAT)

6 months 15% discount: £261.12+VAT (£313.34 incl VAT)

12 months 20% discount: £491.52+VAT (£589.83 incl VAT)

Existing customers or potential new customers looking to purchase a dedicated server (physical machine) to run multiple Battlefield 3 game servers, should hold off at the present time. Although it will be possible, there is an extra consideration that cannot be divulged until our contracts are in place.

Pre-order your Official Ranked Battlefield 3 (BF3) Game Server from September, 19th.

Battlefield 3 Official Ranked features:

Official EA/DICE Ranked Server Provider.
RemoteAdmin included as standard.
Free access to rWeb (our in-house, web based, BF3, BC2 and MOH rcon tool).
Remote text editor access to non-core files including serveroptions, reservedslots, maplist and Punkbuster.
PB screenshots available through Game Panel or http redirect (on request).
Hosted on premium Dell PowerEdge Quad Xeon Sandy Bridge and Lynnfield servers.
Unique IP per customer (no port conflicts).

For us to run a server, I would think we would look to run a single 64-man server, so you can take the prices above as what we'd be paying. Initially we would be looking to pay month by month and see how it develops before committing to longer terms. This would mean that we would need at least 12 people to specifically commit to donating £5gbp a month (separate to any other donations they may or may not give) for the purpose of the BF3 server. We are not able to spare funds otherwise to support this venture. It would also not impact in any way our counterstrike servers - nor could savings be made there in order to host the BF3 - nor at this time can the BF3 server be made available on our existing dedicated box - it may never be able to (this is down to the game itself).

I don't know how much interest there may be, nor how many of you intend to purchase and play the game. It is likely there would be some teething issues with the server and the game for the first few days as there always is - but the game server would be provided ready-to-play in a vanilla mode. It's worthwhile pointing out that we could always choose to give it a go for a month or two and if it works out we try to keep it going - if it doesn't then we knock it on the head. It's down to you lot!
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: INC to run a BF3 server?

Unread postby aciD » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:13 am

Do we not already struggle to pay for our servers now? >.<

I say no on this idea D:
aciD
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5450746
InGame CSS Name: aciD'

Unread postby conqi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:50 am

Well im defo buying BF3 and would love INC to host a server however I find it confusing as to why we couldnt stick a server on our current dedicated box as its not really stressed much with our current few css servers!

There paragraph really confuses me!

"Existing customers or potential new customers looking to purchase a dedicated server (physical machine) to run multiple Battlefield 3 game servers, should hold off at the present time. Although it will be possible, there is an extra consideration that cannot be divulged until our contracts are in place."
conqi
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10010161
Origin Account Name: conqi
InGame CSS Name: Conqi
Playstation Network Username: 1st = conqi 2nd = GIANTL33K

Unread postby Grandma » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 am

conqi wrote:Well im defo buying BF3 and would love INC to host a server however I find it confusing as to why we couldnt stick a server on our current dedicated box as its not really stressed much with our current few css servers!

There paragraph really confuses me!

"Existing customers or potential new customers looking to purchase a dedicated server (physical machine) to run multiple Battlefield 3 game servers, should hold off at the present time. Although it will be possible, there is an extra consideration that cannot be divulged until our contracts are in place."

EA is the problem. hey don't allow anyone but contracted hosting companies to see the server files. You're only able to see about 5-6 files - the rest are hidden and not accessible or visible. The contract they have with the companies means they can trust them not to divulge the files (else they get shafted). They couldn't practically enforce that with individual machines. The reasoning is that they don't want hacked servers nor people able to take apart their game and crack features etc.

aciD wrote:Do we not already struggle to pay for our servers now? >.<

I say no on this idea D:

We do. This is why I've said it's entirely separate to anything else we currently do. It's also a case that unless we got enough funding for a first month - we'd not purchase it in the first place and just refund those monies. If we got enough for first month but not for second - we'd only have for one month.

It's simply an option to be presented rather than not. The onus for it to work is if people want it badly enough, they'll have to speak up and put their hands in their pockets. I'm just saying I'll be willing to do the legwork to get a server up and working and configured as favourably as the game permits for us and for the people paying for it.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Unread postby Jack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 am

I would rather wait till its release, play it a month or so, see what its like then decide if Id like to donate extra for one. I voted the second one :D
Jack
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19418821
Origin Account Name: AlwaysTheKop
InGame CSS Name: AlwaysTheKop
Playstation Network Username: AlwaysTheKop
XBOX Live Gamertag: AlwaysTheKop

Unread postby Grandma » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:55 am

I have to say, the more I read about it, the more I decide I might well get this:

http://kotaku.com/5832822/battlefield-3 ... -clean-off
http://kotaku.com/5832819/a-tale-of-two ... ld-3-games

Supposedly the PC version kicks ass compared to the console versions.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Unread postby Jack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:28 pm

I also read that at that gamecon booth, around 14 High end pc's fried while playing it xD But they said it was a driver problem...

Also, some bad news in my opionion, there will be no in game browser list, you will actually have to exit BF3 to switch server.... http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefield- ... r-browser/
Jack
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19418821
Origin Account Name: AlwaysTheKop
InGame CSS Name: AlwaysTheKop
Playstation Network Username: AlwaysTheKop
XBOX Live Gamertag: AlwaysTheKop

Unread postby conqi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Grandma wrote:I have to say, the more I read about it, the more I decide I might well get this:

http://kotaku.com/5832822/battlefield-3 ... -clean-off
http://kotaku.com/5832819/a-tale-of-two ... ld-3-games

Supposedly the PC version kicks ass compared to the console versions.

Best person to ask about is bLuE as he was invited to take part in the alpha release and has been playing 2 maps for the last month!

Have a feeling new GPU sales will increase at the end of oct, being as there on support for dx9 and the game is heavily encoded for dx 11 :D

cant wait
conqi
CSS Member
CSS Member

Unread postby conqi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Ment no support for dx 9 **
conqi
CSS Member
CSS Member

Unread postby flaming badger » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 pm

I haven't voted as I am currently in a different option of - Let someone else buy it and see if it's any good group :P ! I very rarely buy a new game when it first comes out, I think ME2 and when it comes out ME3 will be the only exceptions! I have bought many moons ago things like Hellgate: London and wasn't impressed, I don't like coughing up good money to play a game that looks awesome but might not be.
"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"!
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7511340
InGame CSS Name: flaming badger

Unread postby Smithy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 pm

i think ill buy this game for sure as huge b2 fan

but no support for dx9 scares me off cant play it that way ^^
and i wasnt goin to buy it right away since i have got loads of other games atm and no moneys for another one.

the problem with the server is that i dont think enough inc people will get the game right away ( prove me wrong pls ? ) which means we wont get enough donators.

but for the server to get popular i think its better if its available from the first day.

all together inc tried to spread out servers into various games and i dont remember one sucess ?
no from me
Smithy
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10638255
InGame CSS Name: Smithy / got Knife?

Return to Battlefield Server Discussion / Information