It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:40 am

Battlefield Server Discussion / Information

Update

Discuss our BF servers here and find out the info about them

Moderator: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR)

Update

Unread postby DJRenegade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Have you updated since the latest huge BF3 update?
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23510986
InGame CSS Name: DJ Renegade
Playstation Network Username: DJRenegade10
XBOX Live Gamertag: DJRenegade07

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: Update

Unread postby Saint » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes.

The only thing i wanted is for them to have sorted out my shitty jittery mouse issue. I noticed that on the fix list it was shown as having been 'adjusted' rather 'fixed'. At least they were honest. The jittery issue is massively improved but still there. Their code does not work for all machines. Shite job in my opinion.

More interesting though is the fact that i can no longer finish a level, go to a cut scene then go straight onto the next level. Oh no. Now i finish a level and it crashes. can only get out using task manager. At first I simply restarted the game and it would let me view the cut scene i should have seen last time but not anymore. after having the fight with the dude on the rail platform in paris i hit a dead end. It cannot load the cut scene or level which comes after that level. The game is now over for me.

Utterly utterly shite programming and has properly put me off both dice and EA AND Game for having such appalling customer service. This game shows just how powerful the dribbling masses who go out and buy the latest and greatest installment of MW are. The spotty, retarded teens who lap up the same product over and over and accept the fact that it's going to be shit on release. Oh that's fine. it'll be playable in a month when they release a patch for it. Maybe.

I do not yet own MW3. What happened to demos? Why can't i play it and see if they have done a decent enough programming job on it to make it work satisfactorily on my machine? That would be too fair wouldn't it. These days we have to take the plunge and drop £40 on a reskin of a 6 year old game and it may just turn out to be a turkey. And what then? Well, nothing actually. The developer won't repond to your emails and the retailer won't refund it. You are up shit creek without an oar or a canoe. You do have a useless optical disk though.

I wouldn't be surprised if i don't buy another game until CS:GO. I've even put off buying Zelda FFS and Nintendo games have never left me as jaded as i feel right now.

Last time i felt this cheated was when I found out one of my ex's had actually cheated on me. Bitch.

Rant over.
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.
Saint
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8097647
InGame CSS Name: Saint

Unread postby DJRenegade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:00 pm

PC Specs? i so far have had... ZERO probelms with BF3, no tearing, no jittery mouse, no crashes (apart from a week of disconnection probelms i worked out were down to lazy server owners not updating) nothing. Therefore it isnt the game as a whole thats fucked, its just not optimised for something on your machine. The reason CoD games appear to be released bug free (which they never are) is because its the same old game with new maps/skins/guns. Apart from that there isnt much difference.

I myself have enjoyed every moment about BF3, the SP was kinda shite but it wasnt why i bought the game and when has a BF SP ever really been good? The reason BF3 fixes are slow is because most people rant about the problems in the forums, they dont take time out to check the getsatisfaction site and thumbs up bugs etc so the devs take notice, they dont fill in bug reports etc. Not saying you havent but the majority of idiots on the battlelog forums are whingy 12 year old little pricks, and all they wanna do is troll and QQ over a buggy release rather than being constructive and trying to help recify problems - this was the first major BF3 patch and its fixed easily over half of the problems!!! Do they not realise its very rare a game is released bug free, especially the MP side of it. Wish people would just hang in there and wait till B2K when they have hinted of a massive patch!

Oh and i ment have they updated the server ;) it was empty last i checked :)
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Unread postby Saint » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 pm

DJRenegade wrote:PC Specs? i so far have had... ZERO probelms with BF3, no tearing, no jittery mouse, no crashes (apart from a week of disconnection probelms i worked out were down to lazy server owners not updating) nothing. Therefore it isnt the game as a whole thats fucked, its just not optimised for something on your machine. The reason CoD games appear to be released bug free (which they never are) is because its the same old game with new maps/skins/guns. Apart from that there isnt much difference.

I myself have enjoyed every moment about BF3, the SP was kinda shite but it wasnt why i bought the game and when has a BF SP ever really been good? The reason BF3 fixes are slow is because most people rant about the problems in the forums, they dont take time out to check the getsatisfaction site and thumbs up bugs etc so the devs take notice, they dont fill in bug reports etc. Not saying you havent but the majority of idiots on the battlelog forums are whingy 12 year old little pricks, and all they wanna do is troll and QQ over a buggy release rather than being constructive and trying to help recify problems - this was the first major BF3 patch and its fixed easily over half of the problems!!! Do they not realise its very rare a game is released bug free, especially the MP side of it. Wish people would just hang in there and wait till B2K when they have hinted of a massive patch!

Oh and i ment have they updated the server ;) it was empty last i checked :)

No, it's definitely the game and not my PC.

They have said that they have fixed some issues with certain PC configurations. This means that they have coded the game satisfactorily for some combinations of components. It means they are bad at their jobs. The game is broken for lots of people. They openly admit to the mouse jittering problem and if you check it out online lots of people now have the crashing between levels too. I'm glad it's working OK for you but that does not by any means it is not a broken game. It is a MASSIVELY broken game. They've really dropped the ball.

Why should I have to submit reports of bugs? I paid £40 for the game. They should have done the QC properly before releasing it. They opened a massive beta which had the jittering mouse issue and then DIDN'T fix it before releasing the retail game. It's absurd that you think it is acceptable to charge money for a product that does not work properly immediately. I'm honestly not sure this will ever work properly on my current setup. There appears to be something inherently fucked in the coding.

Would you buy a pair of jeans at full price if the stitching wasn't going to be properly finished until a month or so after you bought them.

How would you feel if you bought a car and the engine managment system wasn't quite right so you could only get 5 miles a gallon and the manufacturer was not able to fix it for a month or more and were not willing to refund you.

I'll give you your honest answer Rennie,

you would be FUCKED off.

Which is why I am happy everything has (thus far) gone smoothly for you.
Saint
Lives Here
Lives Here

Unread postby DJRenegade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Yea but this is a game, and most games are released with bugs, you obviously have a system thats is having more problems than mine/most and thats a shame, but there are more people out there running the game perfect than people having problems, that tells me the game is more fixed than broken. Also you should report bugs because people QQing on forums wont get listened to, people that explain when, why and how these bugs are happeneing/affecting them will get the problem sorted properly. The BETA was there yes, but i can gurantee they only listened to the people that followed the correct procedure for reporting bugs, and that will have only been a handful of people.

Name one recent game that was released 100% bug free at launch (multiplayer) and i bet you cant name one. FFS CSS is still somewhat broken but people arent QQing now, at least not as much.

Like i said, another similar sized patch is due with the B2K, they were going to release as one MASSIVE patch but because people wouldnt stop QQing they released some early. Just bare with it and if you want to help out REPORT THE BUGS, the more info they have the quicker it will be sorted.
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Update

Unread postby Saint » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:19 am

The jittering was widely reported during the beta and they still released the game without fixing it. Bug reporting is clearly as futile as QQing on forums.

Arma2 and MOH worked fine for me online on PC and MW worked fine online on PS3.

BF3 had serious problems at beta which carried through to alpha and STILL haven't been fixed. It is also one of the few games that has suffered many problems on all three platforms on release. It is clearly a substandard effort on dice/EA's part. You are an idiot if you honestly don't agree with that.
Saint
Lives Here
Lives Here

Unread postby Grandma » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 am

To answer your question: Yes, I updated our BF3 server within an hour or two of the patch going live. It is now on R9. I'd have put up a post and done the google search but I didn't have time.

BF3 R9 Update
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby DJRenegade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:23 am

Cheers Gran.

Saint - MOH was riddled with bugs too xD you obviously were on the other end that time round and the one without problems.

Alpha doesnt follow into beta, its the other way around. Beta follows Alpha, and yea it was reported during beta (mouse jittering) but for you to know that it was obviously QQing in forums, not filling out bug reports. Without info except "WAHHH WAHHHH MY MOUSE JITTERS" they dont have much to work with really.

MW3 is also full of bugs for PC, maybe not for consoles but then again the game was made and optimised for consoles, all of which are exactly the same (obviously apart from PS3 and XBOX360 being different, but not apart from that each system for each console is the same) but every PC could be different. If Dice/EA had delayed the game in order to fix more bugs before release people will have QQed too. You cant win, people just need patience and wait for a bug fix.

Reportedly most bugs will be sorted for consoles in this patch, which they are releasing slightly later than the PC one in a few days.
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Update

Unread postby Saint » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:17 am

You think it is acceptable to release games before they are ready despite knowing of specific issues with them?

If you feel this way about everything you will have a very happy life.
Saint
Lives Here
Lives Here

Unread postby MrYellow » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:00 am

I am wondering about something Saint. How would your response be if they said "We're going to delay the release by a year, because the game isn't ready yet"?

I think a most gamers would say "Then why the hell have you said it was going to be released on *insert date*?!".
MrYellow
|INC| Tech Team
|INC| Tech Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25389597
Origin Account Name: MajYellow
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Maj. YЭLLOW
battle.net: MrYellow#2795
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: MajYellow.4761

Unread postby DJRenegade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:12 am

I think people would QQ just as much - the fact the game is only broken for a minority means im happy they released when they did, patches can fix the minor bugs only affecting some people and the rest of us get the game when promised. Saint you make it out the game is completely 100% fucked, it isnt, there are problems for some and none for most. The game is only slightly broken but in more of a working state than broken, and as most games are released buggy i expect it now, they release games when promised and not later if it can be patched up in a month or 2, therefore yes im quite happy to have a half working game than no game at all. Im patient enough to wait for fixes - as this is a VERY common thing in gaming now, and you expect bugs that you cant be bothered to wait to be fixed, then wait a month bofore buying or even attempting to play the game. You might find yourself much happier then.
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Unread postby Jack » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Had a quick game last night, by mouse problems have gone :D

Happy days, its been putting me off playing for the last couple weeks, only on rank 10 xD
Jack
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19418821
Origin Account Name: AlwaysTheKop
InGame CSS Name: AlwaysTheKop
Playstation Network Username: AlwaysTheKop
XBOX Live Gamertag: AlwaysTheKop

Return to Battlefield Server Discussion / Information