It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:21 pm

CSS/CS:GO Server discusson / Information

Time for a rescue?

Discuss our CSS/CS:GO servers here and find out the info about them

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| CSS Server Reps (SR), |INC| Tech Team (TT)

Re: Time for a rescue?

Unread postby yoghurt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks for this Gran. Wasn't aware of the knives doing dmg regardless.

As one last throw of the dice I think the knives should be insta-kill in all usage - as a reward for the attempt. Insta-gib encourages knife use and this lends itself to a culture.

All of the other changes are excellent. Thanks for the hard work - this stuff takes freaking ages to implement.
yoghurt
Always Here
Always Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16914544
InGame CSS Name: yoghurt | 7R

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Unread postby Grandma » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:27 pm

yoghurt wrote:Thanks for this Gran. Wasn't aware of the knives doing dmg regardless.

As one last throw of the dice I think the knives should be insta-kill in all usage - as a reward for the attempt. Insta-gib encourages knife use and this lends itself to a culture.

All of the other changes are excellent. Thanks for the hard work - this stuff takes freaking ages to implement.

No problem - you made reasoned suggestions with a better argument than the opposition and it wasn't difficult to put in place so no excuse.

I did post further up the thread that I couldn't see a plugin for instagib (or instant knife kill efect - ie. doing 100+ damage on first hit) or know of a way off the top of my head of doing this - had a quick look but not had time to have a proper look. Any thoughts anyone?
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby Leon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:47 pm

I have found something along the lines of what Yog is talking about. Will look into it.
Add Leon To Your Friends List

Good Admin Guide

INC Official Rules & Guidebook

If you're lucky enough to be different from everybody else, don't change!
Leon
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32679217
Origin Account Name: Leon
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Leon
battle.net: Pheloung#2949
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Leon.7126

Unread postby Leon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm

You now effectively have Instagib - Knives.

Between Yellow and I we've tested and added a plugin that gives you instant knife kills with one hit (only if you left/right click a player including the front of someone with a knife). Doesn't work the same way on the throwing Knives plugin so we just simply upped the damage needed from a knife hit to achieve an instant kill whilst throwing a knife.

^_^
Add Leon To Your Friends List

Good Admin Guide

INC Official Rules & Guidebook

If you're lucky enough to be different from everybody else, don't change!
Leon
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32679217
Origin Account Name: Leon
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Leon
battle.net: Pheloung#2949
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Leon.7126

Unread postby yoghurt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Nothing less than absolute poetry. What a pleasure to play with this config. Thanks gents <3
yoghurt
Always Here
Always Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16914544
InGame CSS Name: yoghurt | 7R

Throwing knives/Tripmines...

Unread postby shade » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi all, I'm sure this topic has already had some form of discussion however can't locate it on the forums, as a result of this, I'm opening it here and i'm sure it will be moved to the appropriate place if it is a required, or it necessary maybe even deleted.

Id like to mention that I think the throwing knives and trip mines have been a fantastic idea and i'm enjoying it a lot. However I have a small minority mention to me that they are not keen on the mines. There is something that I do find more concerning though and to be honest I do agree with is people telling me that the throwing knives are too over powered and I have witnessed people leave the server as a result of the throwing knives being a guaranteed 1 shot kill.
One individual even referred to the throwing knives as "your own personal awp''s". As a result some players do not buy anything other than Armour and grenades and they can still kill a whole team with relative ease which is most concerning considering we are a "Noob" friendly community.

People have suggested lowering the damage so its 2 or 3 hits to kill, probably around 45-55 damage mark. I personally agree this would be good if possible and even better yet (in my opinion) to keep it as a 1 shot kill so long as the knife hits the target in the head. I mostly make this post to inform everyone on what I'v heard people say about it so far as well as my thoughts on the matter, however I would also like to hear everyone else's opinions on both the trip mines and the throwing knives. I almost forgot to mention as well, 1 more thing i'd like people to comment on is their opinion of laser bullets; I think its really cool but someone raised a very valid point, it makes stealth very hard since when you now shoot the lasers give away your position; meaning silencers on m4a1's are rendered in-effective in most situations that they would normally be effective; in terms of their stealth capabilities.

Please reply to this post if you are reading it as I would like all opinions on the matter so we can get the general feeling among our community :)
shade
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49457466
InGame CSS Name: Shade

Unread postby Ordog » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback Shade, it's always welcomed from anyone at anytime.

Perhaps to make it a little fairer the throwing knives shouldn't rack up. For example if you kill someone with a knife you get 3 more, so removing this will mean they just get 3 no matter what. This should stop people just buying nades and armor.

I don't know if this is possible but it's just an idea for you and I look forward to hearing peoples thoughts. :)
Ordog
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2058201
InGame CSS Name: Ordog
Playstation Network Username: Ordoggy

Unread postby Grandma » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Well Shade - thanks for passing on the feedback.

The main thing we mustn't ignore is that there are now people playing on the office server in order for there to be people to complain about it. This wasn't the case previously so the items have had a positive impact. If people have left the server it means they've actually come on in the first place which is more than they were doing before.

I played a fair bit on it yesterday and whilst useless at the knives myself, found it to be a welcome addition - although perhaps not too sure if they are too OP. If I were to pick something - I'd either perhaps lower the number of knives to 1 and keep everything the same or revert back to a body shot being 80 damage or so and the headshot being the kill and keep it at 3 - or lastly perhaps even return the knives to being a slower speed - there were many players dodging knives that had been thrown at them whilst they were at that speed and means they're limited because they can't go very far. The knives do not go straight and true on a lower speed like an AWP would - they are limited by distance and drop considerably in height - meaning the aiming has to be adjusted and the distance means they are then worse than an Ak or M4. That being said, it's a very close quarters map - so there's an awful lot of weapons that are really powerful in this and where it's very easy to get an instant-kill. I'd disagree with 3 hits per kill - would be worse than many weapons then, yet harder to get the kill. At present you only get the knives of the person you killed. This could be altered to give knives on any knife kill or only if you get a melee kill or are within melee range when you throw the knife at them, or indeed not at all. I could see that 'unlimited' knives could be an issue with people only using them and nothing else - perhaps to alter the way they are gained would be suitable?

The rounds are really now quite short too, meaning it's not too long to wait for the next round and it feels like everyone rushes every round now - so it's a different style of play - one where stealth is never really going to come into it. In fact - I don't think office really ever had much of a stealth aspect unless you're the last couple of people alive and from what I witnessed yesterday I can't see that that changed whatsoever with the new mods on.

The tripmines are going to be a love them or hate them scenario. I think they're always very clearly displayed - lasers can be seen through the smoke. They are also very easily blown up by either team almost regardless of placement and very sensitive to grenades. What they do in effect is stop a rush so much as people have to consider how to blow them up - or of course they create a bit of a barrier where people shoot through it rather than running at each other - so it adds a different element of gameplay. As it creates this slowdown on what would otherwise be an extremely fast-paced and rushed map with the timer - I think they're a needed balance with the other alterations. The main issue with them is people not figuring out how to use them or not realising they can use them initially too - but I've only seen 2-3 people struggle and then they've figured out or had it explained to them by others - also actually adds a sense of community there as players are explaining and helping each other out. Only thing I'd perhaps alter here is the number of mines - went for the default of 3 per person which allows you to create your own little wall - I think less and perhaps they don't become as used because of the ease of which they are exploded - more and it would be too OP.

What I have had since - is a load of people asking for the same alterations to be rolled out to italy. I've already rolled out the gore mod and all the settings - but not enabled all the other aspects. My personal feelings on it so far are as such:

Gore mod - no-one can really object to this - unless it really kills lots of people's computers and makes them lag stupidly. Unlikely to affect. Have put this on last night.

Lasers - I don't think this would be too welcome on there - due to the size and closing distances on many choke points people do play with a bit more strategy and precision here and would not appreciate the stealth aspect being given away.

Tripmines - I think these could be very good on this map but far more ineffective than on office because of the wide area's - the mines would rarely injure those who placed them with the exception of inside apartments. As such I think they'd be mostly useless.

Throwing knives - Again, primarily down to distances and the drop they experience over a distance, these would mostly be a poor weapon choice. Would only really work on maximum speed too and still be far less effective than many weapons. Can't see a massive amount of harm being done with them on - except within apartments where they'd be lethal.

Knife Insta-gib - I think that this would be beneficial and encourage melee knifing on a map that otherwise doesn't lend itself to such a thing.

No-Block - I think this may be welcomed on the server - would resolve issues in apartments with raging over blocking - would change the gameplay there though. There'd also be the opportunity for more window camping as people could stack themselves up or get multiple kills more easily.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Unread postby Ordog » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:09 pm

I love the gore mod and it's great that it is now on Italy. I like the fact that if you're wounded you spray blood permanently, so if you try and camp people can see the blood squirting out or the pool that forms around you haha :D
Ordog
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Unread postby Giggity » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Most people reading this would be surprised to what I'm about to say. *Brace yourself*

Please do not put insta-gib onto Italy. (There! I said it).

I think it offers something on Office which is slightly different than what can be seen on our other servers, so over time if people are interested in that mod, they'll start populating Office more. Insta-gib as a mod is so OP it hurts. I love to knife people on Italy and I believe that if insta-gib was put onto Italy, people wouldn't see my knifing skills to the max, they'll see it as "Anyone can do that". I'm an absolute arsehole to play against and with insta-gib it would possibly ruin Italy instead of boosting the community.
Giggity
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40266485
InGame CSS Name: Giggityyy or Chet Faker

Unread postby Giggity » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm also finding as well as many people that the blood (gore) is making people lag bad. I'm getting it as well. Such a shame as it looks so cool.
Giggity
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40266485
InGame CSS Name: Giggityyy or Chet Faker

Unread postby Ordog » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Giggity wrote:I'm also finding as well as many people that the blood (gore) is making people lag bad. I'm getting it as well. Such a shame as it looks so cool.

Came here to report the same thing. At one point a lot of people clashed in the market and CSS quit on me because there was so much blood :D
Ordog
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Unread postby Shotking » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Yes, please do not make these changes on Italy. It's a good server, generally thriving and fun as it is. Trip mines would make it even easier to defend hostages. Insta-Gib and knife throwing would just ruin it completely for me.
Shotking
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6004306
InGame CSS Name: Shotking

Unread postby Grandma » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Ordog wrote:
Giggity wrote:I'm also finding as well as many people that the blood (gore) is making people lag bad. I'm getting it as well. Such a shame as it looks so cool.

Came here to report the same thing. At one point a lot of people clashed in the market and CSS quit on me because there was so much blood :D

Blood turned down considerably - should have no lag inducing affect over normal gameplay now.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Unread postby Ordog » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Shotking wrote:Yes, please do not make these changes on Italy. It's a good server, generally thriving and fun as it is. Trip mines would make it even easier to defend hostages. Insta-Gib and knife throwing would just ruin it completely for me.

Think you've misread Grandmas post, none of these changes are being made mate don't worry :)
Ordog
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

PreviousNext

Return to CSS/CS:GO Server discusson / Information