It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:11 pm

CSS/CS:GO Server discusson / Information

GunGame Overhaul

Discuss our CSS/CS:GO servers here and find out the info about them

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| CSS Server Reps (SR), |INC| Tech Team (TT)

GunGame Overhaul

Unread postby DJRenegade » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:19 pm

I want to suggest a major overhaul to the GunGame server, at the moment it can be buggy and its dead. I love GunGame and almost always play elsewhere due to a number of factors.
These are my own personal opinions;

1. The maps are getting dated with a lot of other servers playing some pretty awesome maps.
2. I like the feature on other servers of the last 2 alive picking whether to knife fight or not.
3. Map spawn bugs, I can run into an enemy spawn and see ghosts of other players flash up, this usually ends with my death when I dont know what the hell I am meant to shoot at.
4. The weapon order and missing weapons.
5. The stupidity of the bots.
6. No punishments for a teamkill (I used to love freeze bombing people on our old server)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to suggest some changes and then leave it upto everyone else to do with it what they like :)

1. I shall upload a map pack that contains some maps I either find fun OR that I know from playing elsewhere are popular, this might take a little while as I cant remember the names of all the maps so I will build the list over the next day or 2 :)

2. Please add a knife fight plugin, something like this -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77948

3. I dont know what is causing the weird spawn bug so cant suggest anything here other than a fresh build for the server.

4. This is my suggested revised weapon order. You will notice multiple scout levels. I also think starting with the better weapons stops good players being able to run away with the game when they reach the better weapons on our current order.

Spoiler: show
- M249
- AWP
- Autosniper (one of)
- Scout
- AUG
- SG552
- AK47
- M4A1
- FAMAS
- Galil
- Scout
- P90
- MP5
- TMP
- UMP
- Mac10
- XM1014
- M3
- Scout
- Deagle
- Elites
- Five-seveN
- p228
- USP
- Glock
- Scout
- Nade (Possibly with pistol)
- Knife

5. Make sure maps have correct waypoint file for bots.

6. Add punishments for teamkills, such as this plugin -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=714326

These are all my own opinions and not a demand lol. Mearly suggestions on how I think we could gain some popularity on our gungame server :)
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23510986
InGame CSS Name: DJ Renegade
Playstation Network Username: DJRenegade10
XBOX Live Gamertag: DJRenegade07

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: GunGame Overhaul

Unread postby Leon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:46 pm

I invested a great deal of time on GunGame and added maps that people either suggested, wanted or enjoyed playing on prior and it had some effect but has lost interest for some perhaps. I still love the sever and it provides some variety.

Happy to take a look at some maps, test them out etc.

As for the other factors, let's have some more discussion on it pros/ cons and go from there.

Thanks for the ideas Rene.
Add Leon To Your Friends List

Good Admin Guide

INC Official Rules & Guidebook

If you're lucky enough to be different from everybody else, don't change!
Leon
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32679217
Origin Account Name: Leon
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Leon
battle.net: Pheloung#2949
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Leon.7126
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby Shotking » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:56 pm

100% agree with the suggested gun order. In my experience it works far better.

I think whether or not a lot of time has been invested into the server, it is currently a dead server and, as with Office, an attempt to revive it should be made.

Gun game is excellent and popular when done right - freezebombing etc is particularly fun.
Shotking
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6004306
InGame CSS Name: Shotking

Unread postby Grandma » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Reverse GG with TK punishments and ensuring the maps are correct.

:D

The bots and spawn issues are entirely an issue to do with any given map files as they are what denote how those aspects work. More time needs to be spent on the maps used - ensuring each one is opened in a hammer editor and that the correct spawns (non-overlapping) and nav files are there for bots - this is missing for a number of the existing maps I believe.

I used to love the TK punishments and agree that reverse gg is likely to be more fun for most. Knife fight was always something I hated personally but considering how many people usually ask "knife?" at the end it's better to have than not.

I feel the suggestions are suitable and that these could potentially increase the server popularity. Agree we should perhaps all put forward out suggestions and thoughts, agree on a way forward and put it in action - if the server is long dead it can't possibly hurt to change it.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby DJRenegade » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Leon wrote:I invested a great deal of time on GunGame and added maps that people either suggested, wanted or enjoyed playing on prior and it had some effect but has lost interest for some perhaps. I still love the sever and it provides some variety.

Happy to take a look at some maps, test them out etc.

As for the other factors, let's have some more discussion on it pros/ cons and go from there.

Thanks for the ideas Rene.

I like the maps on the server, a lot of them are some of my favourites. However some of them are rarely played elsewhere.

As for the spawn bugs Gran, the only reason I thought it was server sided is because I play some of the maps I know are buggy on our server elsewhere and there are no issues, nor did I have to redownload the map, so that tells me they use the stock version. Churches is one of them maps :) The Knife thing, although you didnt like it I cant actually remember the plugin we had (if we had one) but the one I linked allows you to opt out and say no :)
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Unread postby lexadair » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:23 pm

I just love our gun game server, I've become used to the fact that it's mainly empty and if not its just Leon making sure he's still the highest rank ;)

Your suggestions sound brilliant though, would be awesome to have more people on there though, which I'm sure changing things up would help with!
lexadair
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54582365
InGame CSS Name: lexadair
Playstation Network Username: lexadair
XBOX Live Gamertag: lexadair
Twitter: @baldy_heed
iMessage_id: adair.92@Gmail.com

Unread postby DeadPrez » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm also a big GunGame fan but regularly play on other servers. I agree with most of Rene's suggestions (Not sure about multiple Scout levels) but it can't hurt to try it and it would be great to see more people on the server :)

One thing I would say is that it seems the majority of other servers run Turbo GunGame ie: You get a kill with a weapon and automatically move onto the next weapon.
Personally I like the fact the INC server doesn't run Turbo GunGame as it makes a change and I like going after knife kills once I have my weapon kill for that round :-D
But I do wonder whether this has an affect on the servers popularity?
DeadPrez
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:52375332
InGame CSS Name: DeadPrez
XBOX Live Gamertag: DeadPrez33

Unread postby DJRenegade » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:33 pm

The servers I play on dont use Turbo GunGame and they populate every night. The idea for the scout levels is to possibly slow down people levelling as it can be difficult to get a scout kill on some maps. Its a feature on a server I play and it seems to work quite well :)
Rene is the best!!
Add me on steam!

DJRenegade
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Unread postby DeadPrez » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:44 pm

DJRenegade wrote:The servers I play on dont use Turbo GunGame and they populate every night.
Ahhh thats good to know.

DJRenegade wrote:The idea for the scout levels is to possibly slow down people levelling as it can be difficult to get a scout kill on some maps. Its a feature on a server I play and it seems to work quite well :)
Yeah I can see how that works! I often get stuck on Scout :P
DeadPrez
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:52375332
InGame CSS Name: DeadPrez
XBOX Live Gamertag: DeadPrez33

Unread postby Shotking » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Turbo is my favourite, but that's just me.
Shotking
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6004306
InGame CSS Name: Shotking

Unread postby chub » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Ive always preferred reverse gun game, anything to get them populated is fine with me, even Italy is suffering atm :(
chub
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6127370
InGame CSS Name: chub-uk
WoW Character Name: Yukip

Return to CSS/CS:GO Server discusson / Information