It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:16 pm

CounterStrike: Source & Global Offensive - Tech Help

Either In game or pc issue...

Help each other with CSS/CS:GO related technical questions

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| CSS Server Reps (SR), |INC| Tech Team (TT)

Either In game or pc issue...

Unread postby shade » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Hey guys, my css (seemingly more frequent on cs_italy for some reason) within a single game has recently been bringing up a large empty grey box on my in-game screen during play and i cant do anything except move sideways and continue shooting where i was aiming as it happened but that's it. I cant close the grey box off or disconnect from the server, so I usually have to end up asking an admin to kick me off the server to enable me to reconnect once I delete the game window via the task management thing. I personally have no idea or reason I can possible think as to why it does this or what the problem is, I can only say what others have suggested the problem possibly been, however would be ace if anyone knew exactly what it is so I can hopefully combat the issue effectively and quickly. Current suggestions have been; outdated hard drives, old graphics card been to low quality for the game which to me makes no sense as its the same one and the same settings iv used problem free for years. However so far the most likely/logical thing iv had suggested so far is maybe its just because my pc is so darn old lol, after all i'v had it for quite a few years to be fair, i believe be looking around about 2008, anyway any info would be good so If you got any possible ideas plz let me know :)
shade
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49457466
InGame CSS Name: Shade

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: Either In game or pc issue...

Unread postby lexadair » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:43 pm

shade wrote:Hey guys, my css (seemingly more frequent on cs_italy for some reason) within a single game has recently been bringing up a large empty grey box on my in-game screen during play and i cant do anything except move sideways and continue shooting where i was aiming as it happened but that's it. I cant close the grey box off or disconnect from the server, so I usually have to end up asking an admin to kick me off the server to enable me to reconnect once I delete the game window via the task management thing. I personally have no idea or reason I can possible think as to why it does this or what the problem is, I can only say what others have suggested the problem possibly been, however would be ace if anyone knew exactly what it is so I can hopefully combat the issue effectively and quickly. Current suggestions have been; outdated hard drives, old graphics card been to low quality for the game which to me makes no sense as its the same one and the same settings iv used problem free for years. However so far the most likely/logical thing iv had suggested so far is maybe its just because my pc is so darn old lol, after all i'v had it for quite a few years to be fair, i believe be looking around about 2008, anyway any info would be good so If you got any possible ideas plz let me know :)

The large grey box you're talking about isn't say, console sized is it?

EDIT: After a quick google, check this out dude - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... -and-grey/
lexadair
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54582365
InGame CSS Name: lexadair
Playstation Network Username: lexadair
XBOX Live Gamertag: lexadair
Twitter: @baldy_heed
iMessage_id: adair.92@Gmail.com

Unread postby shade » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Cheers lexadair, it's almost the exact same, except the grey box is more central to the screen and the background hasn't changed from whatever I am doing in-game at the time, I can still shoot and move sideways as well, which i find very weird. However that is it, it massively reduces my interaction and there is no (x) button anywhere to close it down and the only way to get rid of it is to either get kicked by an admin as iv had to do several times or to close css completely and obviously this does not solve the problem and ultimately is no use. Tbh i'v never heared or seen anything like it, I can only think that my pc is on its way out and that this is a early warning sign that it will die. Although as long as I get in to INC before it does (if i do; which i hope i do) then i will be happy. Unfortunatly if my pc did die on me, I would be in-active until such a time I could get a new pc, which would be quite a while since I am skint and unemployed. However I would still come on forums should that happen to stay in touch. Obviously I hope this does not happen before I get a new PC. I just think its worth the heads up.
shade
CSS Member
CSS Member

Unread postby lexadair » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Check that link out and see what you can find within that. Seems to be pretty much exactly what you're talking about.

On a similar note I had something happen to me recently which was kind of nearly what you were talking about. Could shoot but couldn't move my mouse or move properly; if I switched programs ( Apple key + tab; dunno what the equivalent is on windows ) then came back into the game, then hit the console and exited out of it that fixed it for me. Worth a shot I suppose..
lexadair
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54582365
InGame CSS Name: lexadair
Playstation Network Username: lexadair
XBOX Live Gamertag: lexadair
Twitter: @baldy_heed
iMessage_id: adair.92@Gmail.com

Unread postby shade » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Ok lexadair pal, I will give it a go if it happens again which I have no doubt it will, and keep you updated :)
shade
CSS Member
CSS Member

Return to CounterStrike: Source & Global Offensive - Tech Help