It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Archive

Steam Account - Security

Where old topics are stored

Moderator: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR)

Re: Steam Account - Security

Unread postby MadNight » Tue May 11, 2010 10:19 pm

I don't even know exactly what he does. But when I used to play WoW quite a while back, and got an undetectable key-logger on my computer, I asked him to come fix it cause I had no idea how I'm not perfect with computers.

He came and said that one solution is to reinstall windows, and considering the fact my computer was full of stuff I didn't need, I decided it would be good. Then he just said that he got the guys I.P and sent back a virus.

I see your point about the hacker being able to detect if something is sent to him. However, I don't think it's hard to send somebody a key logger (I think). I'm sure many people can do it. It really is just an undetectable file that records keys and takes screenshots from time to time, and sends it off to the person.

I'm just assuming here, I'm probably wrong - not very good with computers.
All of us are mad. If it weren't for the fact every one of us is slightly abnormal, there wouldn't be any point in giving each person a separate name.
Ugo Betti
MadNight
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32313400
InGame CSS Name: MadNight / Fate
XBOX Live Gamertag: xMadNightx
BBM: 2229FE50

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Unread postby Grandma » Tue May 11, 2010 10:35 pm

As I said, he had no way of knowing that the person at the end of he IP address was the same one who sent it or if it was sent by someone intentionally. In other words it is an act that is malicious however you present it. I just feel sorry for the person on the other end.

For arguments sake, thats no different to it being you, am sure you wouldn't like it.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby MadNight » Tue May 11, 2010 10:39 pm

No I personally hate it a lot. I am honestly sort of afraid of key loggers because not only can they go after your account details, but your credit card details, etc. I often do online purchases like basketball equipment from the States, and with me typing in that information it becomes really dangerous.

I never suggested that virus return thing, he did it twice so far I think. The one time with a key logger and another time when my computer had some other virus.
All of us are mad. If it weren't for the fact every one of us is slightly abnormal, there wouldn't be any point in giving each person a separate name.
Ugo Betti
MadNight
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32313400
InGame CSS Name: MadNight / Fate
XBOX Live Gamertag: xMadNightx
BBM: 2229FE50

Previous

Return to Archive